ABUS Bordo X Plus 6500 85cm with SH Bracket
A HIGH-SECURITY LOCK IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN
Capable of withstanding even the most determined of attacks: the BORDO GRANIT XPlus 6500 Folding Lock is worthy of many superlatives. The BORDO GRANIT XPlus? 6500 Folding Lock is quite literally a tough nut for bike thieves to crack since it incorporates "granite", or at least the ABUS take on it; 5.5mm bars manufactured from specially hardened steel and connected with special rivets, which offer protection against even the most determined of attacks.
The ABUS Link Protection Shield ensures that these rivets are not only flexible, but also extremely resistant to attacks involving sawing. The picking-resistant XPlus precision disc cylinder from ABUS also has a lot to offer and guarantees outstanding protection against attempts at tampering. This combination has earned the BORDO GRANIT XPlus 6500 Folding Lock a top score of 15 in the ABUS Security Level System a Sold Secure Rating of Gold.
- 5.5 mm bars with extra-soft two-component casing to prevent damage to paintwork
- Colour-coordinated soft-touch silicone cover for the lock body
- ABUS Link Protection Shield for a high level of protection against hinge sawing
- The bars, the body and the load-bearing parts of the locking mechanism are manufactured from specially hardened steel
- ABUS XPlus cylinder for extremely high protection against manipulation, e.g. picking
- Made in Germany
Please note. All locks are deterrents that offer varying levels of security features. Any lock can be beaten given enough time and varying methods and tools by committed thief's. We recommend using 2 locks of different types e.g. A Granit D-Lock and Granit Chain Lock or Bordo, this will increase the amount of time it takes to break the lock and reducing the appeal of theft to the thief. If at home we recommend combining these locks with a wall and floor anchor to prevent the thief removing the bike from your property and working on the locks in private.
ABUS Bordo Video